seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Emergency Cell Phone Service

Last year we were at mile marker 108 in Utah and our left rear duel made a loud BOOM noise. I said ''Shux'' and found a wide flat spot off the road to stop. At marker 108 in Utah you are between Nothing and Nothing and there is no phone service for Alltel. I said ''Shux'' again.

I'll tell you the short version. After some frustration with the towing service that I contacted on another motorist's phone, and after a 14-hour wait, I felt I needed to contact someone again. In desperation I dialed 9/11 on my phone and the county sheriff picked up the phone and asked how they could help me. Understand this: My phone was showing 'NO SERVICE and the 9/11 call worked.

You may need to remember this if you are in a situation where your cell is registering NO SERVICE and you need help.

This information is free (usually I charge 10 cents for information, but I am in a very good mood today.)

God bless our great nation.

Seajay the sailor man

Note: If I have posted this before just overlook an old man with a bad memory.

Thanks for the information SEAJAY! This is something I had never heard or thought of. I guess you may not have regular roaming service but may be able to roam on any network in case of emergency. Everyone should know about this. Perhaps it should be confirmed with the cell companies and then published in Family Motor Coaching magazine.

Guest Wayne77590

And, it is my understanding that any cell phone, activated or not as long as the batteries are charged, will get a 911 operator. So if you travel and don't have a cell phone, or don't want the electronic age umbilical cord, get one of the children's old cell phones and a charger and keep it charged, just in case.

No charge Seajay, no charge.

Note to Wayne the Marine. Yep, you are right about the old cell phone thingie. I have heard that any cell phone regardless of service or regardless of NO SERVICE will reach 9/11 if the battery is charged. Here in NC they have a program that you give back your old cell phone and they give it to folks that dont have cell phones to use in emergencies. Thanks for that bit of update Marine. I take back half the bad things I have said about you in the past. I do however reserve the right and privilege to chastise (beat up on) you as necessary in the near or far future. .....

Note to TButler. GOOD GRIEF..... Have I given away a fortune in dimes???????? If this is used by half the people in FMCA that would amount a ''GILLION DOLLARS'' at least. It dont matter. Folks in FMCA are good people,,,,,,,, even Wayne the Marine.........

Seajay the sailor man..... (I have lost a fortune)....

THE NO SIGNAL THINGIE WORKED AGAIN ....

We were stuck with car trouble just out of Red Rock Canyon in Nevada. The old cell would not raise a soul. No bars,,,,,,,,, nothin,,,,,, and I needed a wrecker for a tow....... I punched in 911 and in less than three rings a ''lady sheriff'' asked what was my emergency............... BINGO ............ She got me in touch with a service and I eventually worked out the problem by getting another motorist to take us back to Vegas so we could get the coach and the trailer.

REMEMBER THIS GUYS..... TRY 911 IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS FOR YOU.....

this is free to everyone ............ no charge from Seajay .............

God bless our vets

God bless our troops and bring them home soon

Seajay the sailor man ......