Sign in to follow this  
jayross

Cleaning Side-View Cameras

I have a 2009 American Allegiance with a Navion R5000. Everything works but my side-view cameras seem to have a sun spot and the picture is foggy.

Is there any way to clean these, or do I need to replace them? I want to remove them to clean them. It will be a small project ... they are in a cover. I do not want to do if it will not clean. Anyone know what brand of camera they are?

Hi Jay and welcome!

The information I have for the 5000 system pictures a oval shaped cap cover, that is held in place with molded hidden clips.

To remove the cover one needs to slide a thin round tool between the cap and the cover. You should have 2 tools, look for the small key holes one across from the other. This releases the little plastic locking clips and then slowly work around the edge prying up carefully.

Under the cover is a screw that holds the cover housing for the camera assembly. one can remover this cover to get better access to the entire camera assembly. Do not remover anymore of the housing or mounting as it is sealed in place to keep out water.

You should be able to clean the lens without removing the cameras from there mounts.

This exposes the camera. Clean the lens with a good lens cleaner, like the ones used on eye classes. use a damp lint free cloth. This lens is very small, it looks like a pin hole camera to many!!

Working very carefully with very little pressure.

To much cleaner can cause water spots behind the lenses that you will not be able to clean !!!

The cameras used are generally made by Sony.

NOTE: these cameras are powered with less then 12 volts that is supplied from the R 5000 unit.

Hope this helps.

Rich.

If you ever have a camera or GPS that quit working totally, you can access the back of the 5000 by removing the big cover. There is one screw on the front part of the windshield side of the cover. Unscfrew it and the cover comes off. Each camera and the GPS are plugged into the back of the 5000. My GPS quit working...it had come unplugged.