Allenire

Alcoa Custom Rims- Need To Find A Center Cap

My rims are custom one-offs from Alcoa. I've lost one of the center caps, and am hoping someone can provide direction as to where to look for a replacement.

While the previous owner did have the rims made, I'm hoping he used a standard off-the-shelf center cap. Here are links to pictures of the remaining cap.

www.pinetreecomputers.com/pacearrow/Centercap1.jpg

www.pinetreecomputers.com/pacearrow/Centercap2.jpg

www.pinetreecomputers.com/pacearrow/Centercap3.jpg

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Ken

Hi Ken, Welcome to FMCA.

Looks like they are Classic Moon or Baby Moon hubcaps. Look like they where cut down or modified to fit the rim centers.

You can Google Classic Hubcaps to find some sources and hopefully a match.

This is one location I found, but there are others.

http://hubcapmike.com/how-to-choose-baby-moon-hubcaps.html

Hope this helps. Rich.

I had a PM to try Sacramento Truck Center. Good advice, and Mike helped me out. Great guy, very helpful.

They didn't have it, though I thought he deserved a shout out for his positive attitude and willingness to work on something off-the-wall such as this.

So, the search continues. :)

The folks at Hubcap Mike's were nice, and I ended up talking to Mike himself once the person who answered the phone realized that we were into uncharted waters. He said he had nothing like it, and suggested eBay searching on "Alcoa Wheel Center Caps". Definitely a nice guy, though understandably rushed.

No luck yet on eBay either, so still looking.

That looks pretty promising. I think you may have nailed it. I'll call them tomorrow and see if it's a match.

Thanks for your help so far.

Try Phoenix USA located in Cookeville, Tn. I needed a center cap for my 7 year old ALCOA's and Phoenix had them. I first tried ALCOA in Ohio but they were of no assistance. Google them or call

(931) 526-6128. My ALCOA cap was similar to your baby moon style, but not identical. Mine had a slight raised center section. Method of attachment was same along with the diameter.

Wow, double strikeouts. Phoenix USA doesn't have anything that small, according to Jimmy. Pleasant guy, and seemed pretty interested in helping me out, but said they just didn't have one 7". Smallest was 8 5/8.

The rep at RealWheels.com was stellar. Same story, nothing that small, but he seems pretty interested in helping me find one. He said he'd forward my request on to some others he knows. It's a pleasure when you find someone who has the time and interest for a special project such as this.

Present company on this forum included, of course. Thanks for the input so far. :)

Wow, double strikeouts. Phoenix USA doesn't have anything that small, according to Jimmy. Pleasant guy, and seemed pretty interested in helping me out, but said they just didn't have one 7". Smallest was 8 5/8.

I'm surprised to hear that - I'm pretty sure I got mine from Phoenix several years ago - their website implies they have some smaller than 8 5/8" also: http://www.phoenixusa.com/product.phtml?p=44&cat_key=1

Ken , I'm still looking, if there is any numbers stamped into the rims you might try to call Alcoa.

Not knowing the tire size or any other information. You might try this link to get a lead. The center caps where most likely supplied with the rims.

http://www.alcoa.com/alcoawheels/north_america/en/wheels.asp?q=h&cat=1723&class=926&system=&size=19.5+x+6.00&circle=

Rich.

Your post raises an interesting question for me. I'd always presumed that both front and outside rears were custom, but the fronts may be off-the shelf. There is nothing stamped into them, at least on the outside. I'd have to pull the wheel to check the inside thoroughly, although I'll at least do a flashlight check tomorrow looking at the inside with the wheel still mounted on the coach.

The back, outside wheels have:

"Alcoa Prototype Wheel T-DOT

19.5x6.75 3 2 01 20-270" stamped into them.