nb1996

Alfa Gold Paint Issue

Looking at a beautiful Alfa Gold 2005 coach but it has started showing pitting of fiberglass .....an issue that surfaced with this manufacturer a few years ago. Have any of you had any experience with this? What is remedy and what happens if left untreated?

Expensive to repair?

Also looking at another 2005 Alfa coach.....less desirable length and decor, but no pitting issue. Is it possible the pitting will occur at later date or would have surfaced before now?

Would appreciate some advice. We are confused right now. Thanks

Alfa coaches can have issues with blistering.

Does anyone out there know where we can have our Alfa reskin done in Florida? It seems to be the only solution we were given.

Thanks

Looking at a beautiful Alfa Gold 2005 coach but it has started showing pitting of fiberglass .....an issue that surfaced with this manufacturer a few years ago. Have any of you had any experience with this? What is remedy and what happens if left untreated?

Expensive to repair?

Also looking at another 2005 Alfa coach.....less desirable length and decor, but no pitting issue. Is it possible the pitting will occur at later date or would have surfaced before now?

Would appreciate some advice. We are confused right now. Thanks

Look there are hundreds if not thousands of Diesel Pusher MH for sale that are better than Alphas.They have terrible resale value and had a ton of delamination. Look for different unit.

Well, we own it now. I was just wondering if anyone had ever had their coach reskin done to it. It was in perfect condition when we purchased it.

Well, we own it now. I was just wondering if anyone had ever had their coach reskin done to it. It was in perfect condition when we purchased it.

Its a almost impossible task but can be can be repaired and repainted but is extremely expensive.

Just a complete repaint is 15K and up.

Thanks for all your replies to my original question. We did not buy the Alfa Gold w/the blistering issue, but did buy an Alfa 2005 with no paint issues so far and are delighted with it, performance, decor, etc. etc. As for resale value, you can't consider any motorcoach as an investment that you will be able to reclaim any value. They all have their problems. We bought it to enjoy and paid very little compared to other coaches.

Newmar had some of the same trouble, told us it would cost about $18,000 per side and that was several years ago. The side wall panel manufacturer is out of business now too. Ours isn't too bad so I haven't really worried about it as it really wouldn't be economically feasible on a 14 model year old rig.