syckproducts

Head Light Adjustment

I Have a 1999 Rexhall Rexair, P53 Chassis, Ford V10. I cannot find out how to adjust the headlights. I see the mounting screws and such, but I am used to adjustment for the vertical and horizontal positioning. I do not see any adjustment screws and the lights are facing outward and up, which makes driving at night a real adventure.

Any clues or suggestions? Not sure of whom to take it to, either. I reside in Santee, CA. My mobile RV mechanic said he does not do this because of the specialized gear and regulations.

The newer headlight assemblies use a gear-driven, right-angle setup to adjust the lights. They can be difficult to set, as the mechanism dries out over time. They are totally different from the systems used on seal beam headlights.

Rich

Is the adjustment mechanism behind the Side Marker Lamp assembly? That is the only place I have not looked. The rest of the assembly has fiberglass molded around it and I do not see any access holes or adjustment screws.

The Left / Right adjustment is often accessible from the front. A hex drive approx. 3/16 in size. It is a threaded shaft that goes straight into the adjustment mounting, curb side of both assemblies.

The elevation adjustment is often behind the housing assemblies. This has a right angle drive and can be difficult to access on many units because it is behind the fiberglass. One can often access them by opening the front access door and looking at the headlight assembly for an adjusting rod that adjusts the lamp elevation. It is on the inside edge of the assembly, adjuster drive looks just like one on the outside edge.

Not easy to find and even harder to adjust due to the way they are designed.

Note! This adjuster can be easily broken so work carefully.

Rich.