3inanRVlunasea

Family of 3 in an RV?

Hello,

My husband and I are considering the full time RV lifestyle. We are in our late 30's, work remotely, and have one three year old daughter.

My concern is that we will not only be her parents, but her teachers and her main playmates as well. I don't see many blogs or posts about the full time RV lifestyle for families with only one child.

I have concerns that she would be alone, without playmates other than us much of the time. Can anyone offer some insight about full time RV life with only one child, or point me to a blog where they only have one young child?

Thank you so much!

If you are staying in an RV park for an extended period of time, look for other kids at the playground. Also look for a rec center in your area that might have a dance or swimming class that she can join.

Check with local FMCA chapters and see if any of their members have kids. If they do, you can make plans to meet at future rallies, and she may make friends there.

If she is leaving any friends behind from your old neighborhood, maybe you can write to them (for her, until she learns how to write herself) and she can become pen-pals with her previous firends. This would give her something to look forward to.

If you are planning on going to any FMCA National Conventions, she will meet many other kids her age at the TOTS activities, and she may make friends with some of them.

FYI, I lived full time in my parents motorhome for 9 months when I was 3 years old, and I look back on it as one the highlights of my life,

I you are adaptable, anything can be made to work. With 3 small kids we traveled 3 months at a time for 7 years. Great experience for the family.

We were full timers in 2009-10 with two young daughters (12 and 10). We travelled most of Canada, West Coast of USA, Mexico for three months and we came back home (Kingston, Ontario) through Texas, Louisiana, Mississipi, Kentucky and Indiana. This is the best thing we did for our children...and they are still talking about it.