Sign in to follow this  
dickandlois

Paying The Cell Phone Bill

Thought I would just post some information on trying to get an issue cleared up regarding the payment method we have used for years.

Computer software only does what its programed to do !!!

So if strange things happen should you banking institution or provider change operating systems. Keep challenging them.

It starts with the need for 2 separate accounts in different parts of the country. The result of have one child that needs a little more help then most, just the way the lord made the person.

Things worked just fine for years. Then our bank was closed and picked up by another institution.

Everything remained the same except the routing number.

Our cell provider could not get things to work on there new software, because there billing system changed about the same time and all our information was transferred across platforms.

Calling a number of times to make the payments with a person other then the automatic or direct billing method would keep things working, but all attempts to speak with supervisors basically failed. Supervisors mentioned that if they had a problem; the IT department would have found it !!!!

The issue was the routing number and we knew it, but they said that the number had been changed each time we called.

The resolution was to have a person listen to me putting information into the payment engine and eavesdrop in on the line as the system refused my information, that this person had just entered into there system and said now it will work !!!

Well it did not and for the first time in over 6 months a live person was mumbling on the other end, Looked into the information that was in there data base. Now it list XYZ as you account, OLD Number I said, then you routing is ABC, YES correct !!

I will just reenter it and all will be fine.

Minutes pass, IT will not change the data !!! Well if the data is incorrect and I try to pay, the payment request is returned, you turnoff our phones, charge an activation fee and a few others every time.

Yes! we will correct the issue and watch as you make you payments over the next few mounts to see if things are working, What is your primary number? We will contact you if the issue continues. And my number is-----

Could have changed to a new carrier, but change is hard for some people and turning off the phone can cause a case of confusion.

One accounting data error in many thousands is like looking for that needle in the rug. The software looking for needed up dates needs to look at all the information, not just the routing number. My account number did not change so the software was refusing to allow the change. Did not meet the criteria to flag a change.

Rich.

Now to see if indeed its going to work !!!!