DonnaCox

HWH 4 Point Leveling System 500 Series

WE have a 2000 Country Coach Allure. We can level when in park but will not go into travel mode. When manually leveling coach all up and down arrows function correctly except left rear down button. Troubleshooting guide said may be the height control valve. The right hcv is newer and probably has been replaced but no records available. Any ideas of problem?

Hi Donna, Welcome to FMCA.

Your model year coach was manufactured when the 610 Model Computerized leveling system was in production. The 500 system was in production from 1988 to 1993.

Start by checking all the fuses.

The 600 system fuses are a little easier to check.

Look at the back of the control box, there are 4-10 amp fuses, see if one of them is bad.

There are 2 - 5 amp fuses and one 7.5 amp fuse.

The 4 - 10 amp fuses are located in the top, left corner of the control box as you look at it from the rear. under the 9 pin connector, Note ! one of the fuses is just to the right of the other 3 and above the 3 wire connector.

A blown fuse could indicate a problem in the left rear control valve, or wiring. Should the fuses all be good then one would check for a defective connection or broken wire to the left rear control valve.

Should your coach have a 500 series, then the fuse are glass or bladed and located inside the control box / panel and may need to be removed form its mounting to get to the fuses.

There was a major change in the way the systems where built between 500 and 600 models.

This is a link to the manual for your coach and system information for your model and year.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/countrycoach3.html

Rich.

I just purchased a 2002 coach with an air leveling system by HWH, it does not level automaticially, the rear drops and the front raises, when I manually lower the front only the left side drops then I have to manually lower the right side, I want to replace this with hydraulic eventually but for now if it worked properly it would be great, any ideas?

I just purchased a 2002 coach with an air leveling system by HWH, it does not level automaticially, the rear drops and the front raises, when I manually lower the front only the left side drops then I have to manually lower the right side, I want to replace this with hydraulic eventually but for now if it worked properly it would be great, any ideas?

Are you pushing the top right button two times in a row? I think your air leveling is also the 610 series. If you get the air leveling working right I don't think you would ever want jacks again. Here is a good explanation of the system.

http://beamalarm.com/Documents/hwh/hwh_air_leveling_system_explained.html

Are you pushing the top right button two times in a row? I think your air leveling is also the 610 series. If you get the air leveling working right I don't think you would ever want jacks again. Here is a good explanation of the system.

http://beamalarm.com/Documents/hwh/hwh_air_leveling_system_explained.html

Walt, thank you for the information. I have recently been playing with the system to see if I can figure it out, here is what I have found:

1. When I pull into a campsite, I leave the engine running, turn on the leveling system and press the "Air" button twice.

the system will dump the rear suspension, and thats it.

2. I have also tried to manually hold the "Dump" switch down until the coach is resting all the way down and then press the "Air" button twice, all it does is raise me back to normal travel mode (I am on uneven ground rear lower than the front).

So for the past year I have been manually leveling the coach with the control panel, that works well except the constant playing with it to get it right. One thing I have noticed is once I manually level the coach I have to shut the control panel off or the coach will sink on one side or another usually within a day. If I shut the panel off it stays level.

I have the 10 pin 600-680 series panel (figure 14) on the left side of the attachment you provided.