Sign in to follow this  
kenclarke

1990 Dolphin Electrical Problems

Hi all,

I have a 1990 dolphin RV. I am currently having problems the electrical system both 12 and 120 volt.

I started the generator yesterday .the genny ran for 5 minutes, while I went in and turned the light switches on the genny stopped. I restarted the genny and found that there was no power to the 110 system. When it stopped it had taken out the 12 volt system also.

The display panel that shows the battery power water levels power for the antenna system does not go. Checked all fuses they all seen OK. Battery's are all showing 12 volt.

I'm at a loss can anyone help please.

Hi Ken,

Welcome to FMCA!

The first thing to check are the circuit brakes on the generator. Turn them off and back on.

Restart the generator and see if things work. should the generator quit or trip the breakers, check all the connections and grounds between the generator and the J box connections where the generator connects to the coach 110 volt circuit(s).

If you are not familiar working with AC power circuits ask for help.

Always disconnect from shore power, stop the generator and turn off the inverter if you coach is equipped with one.

Could you post the make and model of your inverter / charger and of the Generator for the forum.

Rich.