Sign in to follow this  
duainsworth

Adding New Outlets

I have a 2004 Monaco Windsor. I want to install a sound bar under the front TV. All the outlets are used. How can add a new outlet without running a new wire from the breaker? Can I change the existing TV plug in from a single to a double? Can I use a multi outlet plug in one of the existing outlets? Help

Duainsworth,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Yes, as long as the total amp load does not exceed that of the wire and breaker, you can do any of the above.

Many use a power strip for their electronic entertainment center.

Duainsworth,

Welcome to FMCA !

I do not have the Electrical wiring for all the Monaco models, but many are wired almost the same.

The circuits are wired with 12-2 wiring and a 15 Amp. breaker. There are options and they vary when the coach has a slide out.

Slide out wiring comes from the same breaker, on a split feed. Powers the arm rest table lamp, computer option, D/S armrest power if equipped with a slide out option.

On all the models the standard wiring supplies power to the P/S in overhead, VCR and DSS, Stereo and Dash navigation option.

The single outlet is disabled when the coach is in gear, so if you use that one to power equipment it will power down when coach is in motion.

You need to know and list any and all equipment added, like data link equipment and systems and or other signal or audio add-on equipment.

The Total current draw can not exceed 15 amps !!

Rich.

The good news is with today's LED TV's, power draw on that outlet is way down from a decade ago. But, absolutely, add up the power consumption (in amps @ 120 VAC) of all items you want powered at the same time by that circuit (breaker), NOT just that particular outlet.