mlh1936

Want To Buy Enclosed Trailer

Does anyone know of a good place to buy enclosed trailers in the FL or GA area?

I think I want to tow my VW Jetta in one of those. I want to combine vehicle towing with a workbench/storage area.

I also want to modify it myself.

Thanks.

I have also been looking for a cargo trailer and have found out you need to be careful about some of the GA and FL factory direct trailer mfg's, do a google on all before you buy. I have been looking at USA Cargo mainly because they show a 6 " frame instead of a 4" and i have found nothing bad about them so far. I have not yet seen one of their trailers, their price is fair and not the cheapest.
Good luck and please post what you find out.

The trailer I was looking at was a 16 ft with the standard dual 3500# axles with electric brakes.

Thanks Walt 2137.

I stopped by and looked at Big Tex trailers near Cordele,Ga. Was not very impressed. Have seen Husky and Haulmark brands on the road. Do you know anything about those?

Will keep looking thanks again.

If you will do a search you will see that Hurricane and Husky are at the same address, same co?? I think so. I don't think I would order from either by putting a deposit down I might would buy one off of their lot knowing that it is cheaply made and not for rough use.I think Hallmark is out of business. Have a look at the link I furnished there are a few accredited companies but the price is a good bit more.

http://columbusga.bbb.org/find-business-reviews/type/Trailers+-+Automotive+Utility/trailers-automotive-utility/31750/

The more I look the more confused I get.

ML also go by and look at one of these and pls post your opinion: http://www.usacargot...article/34.html

When deciding on any trailer make sure it will carry the weight of your vehicle. With any trailer make sure the tongue is long enough so when you make a sharp turn the trailer can't hit the back of the MH. This usually means the tongue needs to be over 50". And with an enclosed trailer you also need to take into account the height because if you are in a sharp turn on uneven ground the top of the trailer box could contact the back of the MH, especially if you have a ladder on the back of the MH.

I bought a 27ft one to carry a Harley and a Honda.

You need to put in an electric brake relay in the motorhome. Things here have changed so I hope that I can still fit my stuff in the trailer!