Sign in to follow this  
PaceArrowIke

Instrument Cluster Backlighting Issues: 2008 Pace Arrow Workhorse Chassis

I bought a used 2008 Pace Arrow on a W24 Workhorse Chassis in May of 2013. The first time I drove it at night, I noticed the instrument cluster backlighting was on full bright regardless of the dimmer setting. It does turn all the way off when the dimmer is set to the lowest setting; but there is nothing in-between.

It's actually at the dealer now for this and other issues. But today, I happened to look at the Owner's Manual (better late than never), and there appears to be a routine under Cluster diagnostics that sets the backlighting.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Has this diagnostics routine helped anyone else?

Any information would be helpful as the service department at my dealer is about to tear into the panel.

Thanks!

Ike,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

This is one item regarding the cluster back lighting:

9. DIMMING
Gauge, pointer and display backlight intensity are controlled by a 5000 +/-5 potentiometer.

When the headlights are on, all of these features dim together in accordance with the dimmer
position. A selection in the diagnostic menu on the message display will allow resetting to the
original factory value (this value is calculated with no load connected in parallel with the backlighting
input).

If the headlights are off, the LCD backlighting will be on full bright.

Rich.