sklare0000@charter.net

Black Tank Flush System

I have a 2008 Damon Daybreak with a black-water flush system. When I hook a hose to it to flush it, the water fills the line and stops. It does not go in the tank. Does anyone know if there is a valve that I am failing to open? Any help would be appreaciated. Curley

has it ever worked before? if yes, then it may be clogged with trash/calcium etc. if it never worked, i would think that maybe they didn't complete the hookups? can you see the black tank? on the opposite side from the drain is the flush. it may have a vacum breaker in the line that may have "stuck" or sumtin like that.

steve

You don't say if the black water valve is closed or open. It must be open in order to flush as the tank is a "sealed" compartment. If it is closed try opening it and then flush.

The black water tank is not a sealed tank in any RV that I know. I have heard some cautions about opening the toilet before having the black water tank pumped out so I guess there may be some tanks that are not vented. I would think they would be very old RV's as current codes require a vented tank. The black water tank must be vented to the roof just as the gray water tank is. I routinely turn on my flush and can hear it spraying the inside of the tank before I dump the tank. The exception to this would be if I know that the tank is nearly full. If the tank is nearly full, I'll dump and turn on the flush after the flow down the drain has started.

My black water flush stopped up one time, I think it was a bug that got into the piping. I put a vacuum cleaner hose on the input and sealed it to the input with my hand. After leaving that on for several minutes, I tried the flush and it worked fine.

As a matter of practice, I allow the water to drain from my flush system after use and then close off the opening so that nothing can get into the pipe. The one time I had an obstruction I had forgotten to close off the input opening. Draining it also should take care of the mineral build up since there will only be a small amount of water left to evaporate.

I have discovered that my black water flush will stop working if I turn on the water too fast. It apparently jams the anti-backflow valve. I have a water line with a shut off on it where only a quarter turn of the lever either turns it on or off. This sudden surge of water seems to create a problem. I have found that if I turn on the water supply very slowly then I don't have a problem and the flush works just fine. You might try this and see if it helps you too.