Sign in to follow this  
wildflower

RVing Musician

Hi all, brand new to the forum, although I've been reading incessantly for weeks.

I'm a civil servant & can take early retirement at the end of 2020. DH and I have decided we want to hit the road as full time RVers then so he can continue working.

He's a successful solo acoustic guitarist with a great voice. He keeps very busy here in Ohio from May - October playing patio gigs ...

He does a lot of classic rock & blues tunes with a few more recent songs thrown in. Does anyone know others who travel to play live music? What's the live music scene like in RV parks?

Thanks in advance for all comments & suggestions.

We have been to parks when somebody with musical talent has performed. I don't know if any money was paid or not. My friend is a yoga instructor and she held classes at a campground in Az in exchange for campground fees.

Wildflower,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

You might want to look at http://www.fmca.com/index.php?option=com_fmcachaptersearch&view=search&Itemid=98 and see if there is a Frustrated Maestros Chapter close to you and contact them. There are a number of chapters around and they all like to get together and jam.

Also, would be a good starting point regarding your question and I have feeling one or more of them might chime into your post with some better information.

Rich.

We have stayed at Collier Seminole State Park near Naples, FL during their Blue Grass Festival. There would be jam sessions thruout the park all the time with all kinds of instruments. I don't play myself but it was great fun walking around the park and listening in.