Sign in to follow this  
DaveLauritzen

Campgrounds In New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville

We are planning a trip this April and stopping for several days in New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville and Pigeon Forge.

The first stop, New Orleans, appears to have a convenient RV park near the French Quarter. Do any FMCA members have experience in New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville and Pigeon Forge? After my trip, I will be happy to share the highs and lows in this forum.

Dave & JoAnn Lauritzen

Hello Lauritzens!

Quico and I stayed in the summer of 2012 at Portchartrain Landings RV PK in New Orleans, LA and it was a little challenging to get there, but "we made it". Be sure to use the GPS coordinates on their site, when you look it up in Google Earth.

It is a large marina and RV park. The sites were very close one to the other and not too much shade, however, everyone was very nice and accomodating.

Our 28' Coachmen Concord look very tiny among the large class A's :-). Definitely we would visit again.

Jocelynn and Oscar (Quico) Power

When visiting Memphis, try Tom Sawyer CG in West Memphis. Across the river from Memphis. Sites are on the Levee overlooking the river. They park Motorhomes facing the river so you can watch the tow boats go up and down the river. Free laundry too! We like Two Rivers CG in Nashville. We avoid Pigeon Forge like the Plague, go to Townsend, TN instead. Townsend is "the Quiet Side of the Smokys". We stay at Big Meadow Family CG there. If you must have a Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg fix, its a 30 minute drive from Townsend.

At Memphis we stayed at Graceland RV Park at a reasonable rate. You can walk to Graceland sites from there if you want to see it.

We stayed in Nashville Shores this past October. Since it was off season it was fairly empty but pricey. During season it is also a water park--so if you are going with kids it should be a lot of fun. There is a Corp of Engineers park nearby and we were supposed to stay there but had to change plans because of the budget shutdown. The campground is about 15 minutes from downtown Nashville and not too far from Opryland Hotel and the Grand Ol Opry. The Corp of Engineers park does not have full hookups so I would not stay there if I were going to be more than three days. Enjoy Nashville--great place.

Jim