Sign in to follow this  
Bluebirds

Camp Freightliner? Have You Been? Should We Go?

Trying to plan where to go, and what goals to include in 2014 travel plans. We are 1 yr owners of a 36' DP, Freightliner chassis. Prior RV was a C, gasser.

Freightliner has a "camp" program at their HQ. Since we are new to Class A, and new to DP, would like to hear from others on this forum:

- have you attended Freightliner's "camp" program?
- where did you park MH while at "camp"?
- is this something worthwhile for both spouses to enroll?
- route suggestions departing Indpls to Freightliner's HQ?

THanks so much for all advice, tips, & info for us newbies!

Bluebirds,

I attended Camp Freightliner after I had owned my Allegro RED for a year. I wish I had gone sooner. There is much to learn about the chassis that you may or may not glean from the Freightliner owners manual. The two day class is very well organized for each type of chassis that is represented by the attendees. My wife did not choose to attend though some did and I think they were more the "hands on, sometime driver types".

We parked in the service center sites for the first day, because we had the 12 month service done the first day, then moved to the Spartanburg KOA for the last day. The staff at Freightliner will run a shuttle to the KOA every morning and evening for those staying there.

I can't help you with a route from Indy, but the campus/service center is right off Interstate 85 in Gaffney, easy to get to.

I highly recommend the class/seminar, especially if you want to do ANY regular maintenance.

Tim,,,

I have been and Mike Cody, the instructor, is knowledgable and presents the material quickly and to the point. My wife did not attend instead chose to spend time at the local outlet mall.

I would strongly suggest having your coach serviced while there. If you do have service, you can stay in the back parking lot with water and electric hook-ups. They have a dump station and water availble if needed.