Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Generator Circuit Breaker Problem

I'm having a problem with 1 of the circuit breakers with my Holiday Rambler Endeavor coach. When running the generator using the front roof mounted Dometic a/c unit, one of the circuit breakers pops and must be reset on a periodic basis. The a/c works OK when using shore power and will work OK for a short period of time when being run off generator power. Operating the rear a/c unit doesn't pop any of the 2 breakers on the generator.

Anyone have any thoughts???

Sheepdog,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

As mentioned above, I would also think there was a circuit breaker issue.

By chance is the Rear AC a little smaller then the front one? If it is I would change out the breaker.

You might check for a loose connection, One not as tight as it should be at the generator, the interface J box area connecting the generator wiring to the coach wiring and the connection(s) at the AC circuit breaker panel. Disconnect from shore power and stop the generator before working on things.

If you are not used to working with AC circuits, get a little help !

Rich.

What else runs on that generator breaker along with the front A/C-- water heater? refrigerator? charger? other?

Make sure you are not overloading the circuit before concluding that the breaker is bad.