Sign in to follow this  
nandd4mh

Air Conditioner

Both of my air conditioners on my 2006 Safari Cheetah have quit working. The front one quit first and several months later the rear conditioner quit. I think it is electrical, but I can not find fuses or circuit breakers that are at fault. Any suggestions?

Both of my air conditioners on my 2006 Safari Cheetah have quit working. The front one quit first and several months later the rear conditioner quit. I think it is electrical, but I can not find fuses or circuit breakers that are at fault. Any suggestions?

Have you checked the wiring going into the A/C units? If there's no power it's a breaker. If there is power but not running then you have a more serious issue with the units themselves.

nandd4mh,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you turned off and back on the breakers in the 120 VAC breaker box?

Are the A/C's controlled by a remote or switch(s) on the unit themselves. If remote, it may be a communications issue between the remote and A/C.

nandd4mh,

Welcome !

Many of the AC systems are controlled by circuit boards, that also control the heating.

You mention just an AC issue(s). The AC units controlled by this type system have low voltage wiring (12 volts) running from the control board and relays inside the AC units.

Your AC units failed at different times spread out over several months.

Bill and Brett mentioned checking the AC power at the circuit breaker box and the AC units.

Also check the 12 volts at the units and at the circuit board.

You did not mention any heater problem. So I would rule out the thermostat(s) and the furnaces, but it would be good to check the circuit for 12 volts should both the heat and AC share the same circuit board.

Rich.