Sign in to follow this  
davidstirling

Touring Europe in an American RV

We drive a Class A motorhome, a 1998 36 ft. Monaco Windsor purchased in the UK as we are an English family. In 2013 we toured Western Europe and Morocco, in North Africa, for a period of 6 months.

On the April 8, 2014 we will depart the UK for a 5 month tour to Eastern Europe and Turkey visiting 14 separate countries along the way. We have created a web site www.stirlingtravels.co.uk detailing the routes used, the tolls paid and their suitability for a RV together with campsite, Aires and wild camping spots giving reviews and ratings including GPS locations.

Under the places visited section we give details of the towns and village's seen with a short history and information on places to visit including web site connections. Our web site also connections to Google maps where you can find further route reviews and overnight locations.

If you are ever thinking of crossing the pond and travelling in Europe it will give you some useful resources to start your planning and if not you can see how an RV cope's with Europe. If just one person finds the information supplied useful it will have been worth the effort.

Please give it a look and provide some feed back as it is always good to know what is useful and what is not.

Happy travels.

Greetings Stirling Family,

Imagine our surprise when found a Monaco coach parked on the beach near Salema, Portugal. We were there in June 2013, touring by car. Was it your coach?

It looks like you are having a grand time.

We are full-time RVrs in a 2006 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ.

Safe travels,

Riley & Karen Caton

Welcome to the Forum.

In May off 2008, I was at Nord Cap (North Cape) Norway, That is 71 degrees, 10' North! Saw a Country Coach "Prevost" with Alabama plates, parked there!!! How he got there is way beyond my imagination! :rolleyes:

I have done most of Norway by jeep several times between 1970 and present and it's been a lot off fun, but a 45 footer? I would not even attempt it, as most campgrounds are set for 32' max TT's, 30 amp, water and dump station! Not to mention going thru all the little towns... <_<

As for West and East Europe, price of fuel alone is prohibitive. They pay per liter, what we pay per gallon! :(

Carl