moodier

08 Workhose W-16 Road Handling

Just asking-- have this 08 Winny Sunova 26

!Would like to improve the handling.There is no sway bar at all on it! Looks like one for it would cost over $600. Ouch!

What about using something like the steer Safe? Have used them back in the 80s but out of RVs for long time!

It tends to wander more than I like will get it aligned when I get back home on the road at the moment! Putting on new front shocks but they were out of the rears it has 56K miles and new Michelins!

Just wonder if anyone has any other thoughts!Thanks!!

Workhorse, Chevy P-30/32 Chassis Handling Solutions

I have to keep both hands on the steering wheel, even on good roads, with no wind.

Solution: The OEM bell cranks are notaries for being out of tolerance. These should be replaced with a roller bearing

bell crank such as the SuperSteerTM HD bell crank. This will greatly improve the steering, and handling of any P-

30/32.

Proposing, bouncing, harsh ride, and floating front end.

Solution: Upgrade to Bilstein HD Shock absorbers. This will improve ride quality and control.

Excessive body roll on winding roads and windy conditions, passing trucks blowing you around the road.

Solution: Install a front HD Sway Bar, and rear polyurethane bushing kit, for much better control and safer handling.

This will reduce body-roll and sway of the vehicle.

Sagging front end due to fatigued coil springs or damaged airbags.

Solution: A Hellwig Transverse front helper spring will give you back the ride height and steering geometry needed.

It will also help prevent bottoming out.

The back end feels like it is moving sideways when trucks are passing, in high gusty winds and on rutted

roads.

Solution: A rear TigerTrak Track-bar eliminates the rear axel shifting, resulting in a much better handling coach. No

more tail wag.

I am concerned about a Front tire blowout.

Solution: A TruCenterTM Steering Control will hold you in a straight ahead position, even with a front tire blowout.

I have to keep both hands on the steering wheel, even on good roads, with no wind.

Solution: A TruCenterTM Steering Control will hold the Tie Rod with up to 135 lbs of pressure. This will make your

vehicle go straighter without constant steering wheel correction. It will be much easer to drive with less fatigue, and

all front end parts, and tires will last longer.