We have a 2011 Daybreak.

Depending on which way the cross wind is blowing either the pilot or co-pilot sliding windows will produce a fair amount of noise. they can actually move/vibrate enough that Ii have rattled the lock loose from the outside just by placing my hand on the window and shaking it. the noise is annoying, but the ability to bypass the window lock so easily is scary. Don't have a great deal of confidence in the dealer to fix the problem. Aany idea on fixes or adjustments?

post-40722-0-70583100-1404478117_thumb.j

post-40722-0-25787600-1404478131_thumb.j

John,

It sounds like the window is not closing completely. If your catches are engaging in the lock position you should not be able to shake it open. You may already know this, but your front fixed window will have a slot for the catch to go into to lock the window. You should almost hear a click. If your window is not closing enough you may not be engaging the slot for the lock lever. Check all of the channel on your window for some sort of obstruction.

Herman

thanks Herman, but it didnt work out. its almost like there is no tension when it is locked. i was thinking about trying to add s strip of weather seal to the space between the back of the slider and the channel it slides into. any thoughts?

Sounds like a very thin weatherstrip would work on back edge only. That is the edge that contacts the weatherstrip last on the glass frame. They make peel and stick kind and you will add on top of what's there. You can peel it off if it's too tight and won't latch. Worth a try and won't cost much.

John,

I would inspect the complete window channel. there may be a gap that could cause the wind noise. If I was going to add any strip to the window I would be sure that it doesn't cause more noise where the weather strip would end. Putting something very thin behind the window channel might give you a better seal all around.

Herman