Sign in to follow this  
ronandsue74

Engine Air Compressor Maintenance

I have a 2005 Country Coach Inspire with a Cat C9 engine, serial #9DG01439. My question is, does my engine mounted air compressor require any maintenance. Logic tells me that the air intake should have some kind of a filter. I have reviewed my owners manual but didn't find any mention of a filter for the compressor air intake. Any information regarding this will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ron Jacobs

2005 Inspire #51264

Ron,

While it is possible your air pump has a separate air filter, it is very likely that your air compressor gets its air (intake) from the engine intake manifold. Trace the large diameter lines from the air compressor. One will go to the air dryer, the other to the intake or filter.

Yes, if there is a separate intake/filter for the compressor, it will require changing. Of course, if the air comes from the engine air intake manifold, your engine's air filter takes care of it.

This is a common set up, as air in the engine's intake manifold is clean, cooled (Charge Air Cooler) and is usually already somewhat pressurized by the engine turbo.

Brett

Thanks Brett, I'm sure, as you stated, it's probably filtered through my engine air intake filter but I'll check it out.

Thanks for your feedback.

RJ

2005 Inspire #51264