berginaperzina

Looking for good oil change location

Can any of you recommend a good oil change place in the Inland Empire in CA? We do not want to go to the dealer and we are having a hard time locating a place. We did find Camping World but just wondered about others?

Can any of you recommend a good oil change place in the Inland Empire in CA? We do not want to go to the dealer and we are having a hard time locating a place. We did find Camping World but just wondered about others?

Sorry, don't know that area of the country.

But, very important -- YOU need to tell them exactly what your engine's oil capacity is. Do not assume they will know or take the time to look it up. Overfilling the crankcase on diesels is a common cause of oil on the back of the coach/front of the toad. You might also read the "Calibrating the Dipstick" post under "Engines" here in the FMCA Forum.

Here is a Caterpillar Corp document that will give you the facts on your engine:

http://ohe.cat.com/cda/files/517742/7/LEHT...m=72021&x=7

Also, just my opinion, but I would also suggest you choose an oil and stick with that oil from here forward. Different oils use different additive packages to achieve the desired properties. Less possibility of issues if you stick with the same oil.

Brett Wolfe

I used colton truck terminal grage and was very happy with them ,we live in Beaumont and it was easy to get to. Good luck let me know if you find a place you like. Thanks

863 E Valley Blvd

Colton, CA 92324

Tel : (909) 825-4080

Fax : (909) 825-0322

Email : coltontrkterm@aol.com

It is not a difficult DIY task to change one's own oil. The savings is at least 50%. The hard part is finding a container that will hold 5 gallons of oil all at once.

Having said that, I occassionally use Wal-Mart when I am on the road without the proper environmental protections. Most of the newer stores have bays that will accomandate a motorhome. They will not have your filter, but you can buy it somewhere else and give it to them. You can pick from the brands of oil they carry in the store. It too is a less expensive method of getting an oil change.

It is not a difficult DIY task to change one's own oil. The savings is at least 50%. The hard part is finding a container that will hold 5 gallons of oil all at once.

Having said that, I occasionally use Wal-Mart when I am on the road without the proper environmental protections. Most of the newer stores have bays that will accommodate a motorhome. They will not have your filter, but you can buy it somewhere else and give it to them. You can pick from the brands of oil they carry in the store. It too is a less expensive method of getting an oil change.

I will add that in addition to just changing the oil and filter, you need to have the chassis lubed (greased), SCA level in coolant tested, etc. Your chassis manual is your best source for what needs to be done.

BEST answer is to have your own grease gun (so same grease is used each time). AND, make 10 copies of your chassis grease zerk location diagram. Hand one to the tech actually doing the job, not the service adviser. Make sure he knows that this is his copy to take under there and get dirty and throw away when he is finished. Showing him the diagram in your manual DOES NOT WORK. He is not likely to take it under the coach and take a chance on getting it dirty!

Brett Wolfe