richy

HELP Allegro Bus Windshield Wipers Wiring

Yesterday I was driving my newly acquired 1997 Tiffin Allegro Bus built on a 96 Freightliner XC chassis. I was going get new XRV tires and it started to rain.

Reaching for the wiper knob it fell off and hit the floor, the center stem was still available to press the end for WASH feature. I pressed it and watched the fluid squirt out and drip down Wind Shield, no wiper movement.

Switch appears to be wired and is hard to see but I did trace harness down and peaked inside of loom and saw Red, Blue, Green, and I think White wires, but possibly it was yellow or I missed the other yellow. Hard to tell with flashlight at night.

I don't have a harness (or any wiring) connected to the w/s wiper motor. I can't believe I let this slip by. I suffer from CRS and thought I had checked this before.

I located a 4 wire 2x2 connector tie wrapped in upper center of firewall that has 4 female flat blade type connectors- 4 wires leading to it are Red, Green, Blue, Yellow. Shown in attachment

On back of my Wiper motor cast into it are (2) 2 blade male connectors, one connector is about an inch above the other 2 blade connector See Attachment.

Here is my dilemma-

I have no electric diagram for chassis or coach.

There is no harness to w/s wiper motor, none laying around either.

Can I buy a harness? If not I could make one to get me by, but I need to know what color wire goes where?

I'm hoping I don't have to take dash apart to trace all wires.

Also I would like to verify the motor is good, not sure where to put wires.

How can I get wiring diagram?

Any help appreciated we're heading on a 3000 mile plus trip in 2 weeks.

Richy in Central Texas

post-42552-0-59363600-1411230203_thumb.j

post-42552-0-55205200-1411230220_thumb.j

Thanks for the advice I just joined the that forum and posted.

I'm still hoping someone here might have a similar Allegro Bus and can give me info on their connector.

Richy

Richy,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

I just posted this information on another thread:

Contact Denso (248) 350-7500 and see if you need the listed adapter.

Harness Adapter 059340-4041

Do you have a 5 or 4 wire connection on your wiper motor?

They supply 2 different wiper control switches-number 550597-9010 and 550597-9020. The part numbers may have changed as your number does not match the information I have and I do not have any wiring information for your wiper circuit.

Rich.

Good question regarding wiper switch, it is 5 wires.

There are 5 wires coming from the switch, it seems the white wire exits the loom before it gets to the 4 blade type female connector shown in my original post. I think the white may be a ground?

Actually connector shown in picture above is where I believe the adapter needs to plug into it is the remaining 4 wires coming from wiper switch red, green, yellow, blue

The end of the adapter needs to be a 4 blade male connector (2 rows of 2 blades) to plug in to the plug coming from switch.

The other end of adapter needs to have 2 female connectors- a 3 blade female with only 2 populated (2 wires going to a 3 position female connector) and a 2 blade female with 2 wires going to it.

The motor itself appears to have molded into the case 1.) 3 blade male connector with only 2 blades (the third has no blade), and another place to plug in 2.) a 2 blade (male) with 2 blades

Nearby the motor is a single white wire with a ring crimped on that appears to be a ground for the wiper motor. I can see marks on motor where the ring was previously connected to motor.

This is a diesel pusher Freightliner chassis.

Thanks for the help

Thanks Rich-

This is a great resource for all H.D Wipers. I found what I needed on page 2 and

Page 67 of Rome Catalog, Tiffin Allegro Bus (1993-2003) #1, #14

#1 I ordered the Denso 159100-3220 Wiper Motor- yesterday on ebay for 1/2 of what Tiffin charges. It shipped today arrives Friday.

#14) LA246440-5780 Wiring Adaptor for Ford chassis/diesel only & #550597-9010 Var. Int Wiper Switch

My chassis is a 1997 Freightliner XC diesel pusher, but this looks like what I need.

The switch was in stock but it will take a week or 2 to get the harness adapter. I may make my own harness if needed as I leave for roadtrip end of next week.

I liked the assembly drawings of the complete wiper setup.

Richy,

Good to know that the info was helpful.

I had to look around for the Catalog link, the one at the Denso sight has been blocked. So you might want the keep a copy in one of your files just to be on the safe side.
The good thing is I also replaced the original link with the new one in my original post.

All is well that ends well!!

Thanks for your reply.

Rich.

Just to let everyone know results. The motor I ordered worked great and had the proper harness attached to it and plugged right in to the connector on cowl (firewall). The switch on dash functioned as is, but now I have a spare new switch. I guess the previous owner had tried to install a wiper motor that was from something else and when it didn't work he just left it there. I removed and installed the new Denso.

ALL is well. Except for I need a new Heater Core, but that is another post.