Sign in to follow this  
royclem

Downsized From 29' Class C To A 22' Classic

Around 2010 My Wife and I Bought a Used 29' Class C Honey Bear they only made them two years . It was a 1993 we bought it to see if we would enjoy RVing. We where already cabin campers and favored Maine for summer camping, as We live in Massachusetts.

In August of 2014 we decided we loved the traveling and the people you meet at CG's so we decided to downsize to a 2015 Thor 22'.

Class C-- It's the perfect size for us because it's just us except for the summer when we have our 7 year old Granddaughter. Who by the way has been camping and RVing since she was 6 Months old. The reason I write this is because we are all different in our needs I need a New RV that I can drive down to Florida or just up the road to Maine and size doesn't matter to us as we had no trouble driving to South Carolina and spending a week and a half in the 22 footer plenty of storage space and nice and cozy for us.

Now that we are retired we plan on a lot more traveling.

Roy and Emma,

It's a pleasure to hear from someone who does not have a problem!

Enjoy your retirement and happy trails.

Carl C.

We first traveled with a f350 towing a 27' Wildwood 5er with bunks for our grandkids. As they aged we changed to a used 2001 33' Winnebago suncrusier, and now we are down to a Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R, it is 23'10", not much longer than my F150 4door long box truck. For just the two of us it is perfect, we are mostly weekenders with maybe one or two longer trips a year.

Good for you... smaller footprints have many advantages, fuel economy and lower maintenance ...

How do you like your Minnie Winnie? We sure see a lot of those on the road.. 

Our rig also accommodates the two of us..why take more than you need.... 

The 24 foot C is a lot bigger in regards to yours Mark.  The 22 figure, is the length of the chassis, not the coach! :)