Sign in to follow this  
joelynnmo@bellsouth.net

Extended Warranty

I recently purchased a new motor home and was wondering if an extended warranty was a good option. Also, is there somewhere that the numerous plans available could be compared? I have searched the internet and have found many complaints registered against different companies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel,

Several other entries in the Motorhome: Buying a motorhome forum deal with extended warranties, and there are good ongoing discussions about each of them:

RV Warranty insurance

Extended warranty, which company is best?

Extended Service Plan - What do you suggest?

I don't know of a site that compares the various companies' plans. I know that there are several major plans available but have encountered some small more product/dealer oriented programs as well. If there is a site out there for comparing the programs I'll bet someone knows about it. :rolleyes:

We purchased our Motorhome used. So I don't know if the coach was taken care of as well as it should. We went and purchased extended warranty. So far it has been good for us. Last time out I had problems getting the Fridge going on LP. If that will repeat next time I will have an other claim.

On A new coach you expect everything in good working order. It just like every other insurance. As long as nothing happens you are not happy to pay the bill but once you need the coverage you are glad you got it.

I had purchased a 2007 ALfa See Ya So Long new in 2007, and now I am looking at an extended warranty through RV Protection.com. The quote presented to me sounds pretty good. I am skeptical because I had an extended warranty on a previous coach some years ago, and didn't fair well with that company. I am open for suggestions or advice from any fellow FMCA members.

Thank you.

Nelson Miles

Member #F356993

There are three discussions relating to this topic under the heading: Motorhomes: Buying a Motorhome

Have you read these? If not, check them out. If you have read them or when you do, please post any additional specific questions and we'll try to answer them.

One of the difficulties in this forum is finding topics that have been posted in the past. There is a search feature which works and I encourage everyone to seek previously posted discussions and read them. Then, post your specific questions that go beyond the discussion in the current topic. Those questions can be posted within an old topic and it will "pop up" to the recent list of topics to bring it to the attention of all.