sauerland

Sleeper Sofa in 2008 HR Neptune Won't Close- Manual Operation

I have a 2008 HR Neptune 39 pbt. Haven't used our sleeper sofa for several years. Recently had a guest for 3 nights.

Opened the sofa, seemed OK, but when trying to close it again can't lift front of sofa to close.

There is a lever under the front center which moves but doesn't seem to do anything.

Have used it rarely in the past without problem.

Any ideas?

Paul Sauerland

Don't know- but you are supposed to lift the front of the sofa up to form a V with the back rest of the sofa and then push it all back to its original position.

Paul Sauerland

Paul,

What you have is a sleeper know as a Jack Knife. When in the sofa position you lift up the front edge of the sofa until the back of the sofa is flat and you hear a click. Then you let the front of the sofa down to make the flat bed. to close the sofa is just the reversed procedure. Lift the front edge till it is upright and again you hear a click then push the front edge of the sofa down. At this point the back of the sofa should rise up and the seat will go down to reform the seat.

Hope this helps.

Herman

Herman,

PROBLEM SOLVED-EASY AS 123

First my wife Ann kicked me off the couch then she remembered that sometime in the past the sofa was closed by trying to lift 3 times. She tried that and on 3d try sofa seat lifted and it closed nice as you please.

Thanks for your responses-much appreciated.

Paul Sauerland