Sign in to follow this  
melodyeann

What Is This?

My husband and I recently purchased a 2005 Winnebago Voyage and this is a mystery as to what this does. Appears to be some kind of air pump?? If so what does it do?? It is located on the front dish and appears to have been added. We are new to RVing so please overlook our newbie status. Any ideas?post-44262-0-99131800-1424732926_thumb.j

melodyeann,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

If a gasoline powered coach, looks like the previous owner may have added air bags to the suspension. Look for air bags/air lines over the chassis maker supplied springs.

If you can get any brand names from the controller and/or air bags, we may be of more specific help.

My husband just came in from spending time familiarizing himself with RV. He has found a manual for it. As you said it allows for suspension adjustment - apparently! Thanks so much for your reply!

Don't know where you guys are located, but if coming to the FMCA Convention in Pomona, CA the end of next month, come to the Suspension Seminar for a little more insight into how your chassis and that supplemental system work.

Keep some air in them or the bags will usually be trashed riding down the road. Check the manufacturer's website for the minimum pressure. I had aftermarket bags on my gasser and they worked well. I have a set of Firestone double or convoluted bags on my f-150. They worked very well with my former travel trailer.