Proudvet

Weight Placard Location

I have a '02 Alpine Coach and the owners manual states the placard is located on the chassis. There is a placard located within the generator slide, but I can' find the one on the chassis. Can someone identify where on the chassis it's located (I need the information for vehicle registration in South Dakota).

Proudvet,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

On our 2003 Alpine 38', the GVWR placard (actually a sticker) is next to the fuel fill. Extend the generator slide and look on the driver's side next to the fuel fill.

Note, this is GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating), NOT actual weight. Actual weight will likely be several thousand pounds lighter unless your hobby is collecting rocks or bowling balls.

The VIN is stamped on the frame rail under the master cylinder in the left front wheel well. Did not see other information there.

On ours, there is also a CCC sticker on the door above the kitchen sink.

What do you need other than VIN, GAWR and GVWR's?

Thank you for the VIN stamp info. I'll take a picture of that along with the sticker in the generator compartment and hope the DMV in South Dakota will accept the information.

I have a '02 Alpine Coach and the owners manual states the placard is located on the chassis. There is a placard located within the generator slide, but I can' find the one on the chassis. Can someone identify where on the chassis it's located (I need the information for vehicle registration in South Dakota).

I have never registered in South Dakota but don't you have your current registration? That should have all the information. The only time I registered a car from out of state in Texas I had to have a Deputy verify the VIN. Have you called and asked what you need?

Bill