jlorek

Monaco Ceiling Glass Cracked

I have a 2000 Monaco Signature Admiral that I purchased last year from the original owner. It was well-maintained by the previous owner in Florida, but this morning I discovered that this winter in northeast Ohio caused a major problem for me. In this model the ceiling has glass panels in the front and bedroom, and both of these have cracks in them now. Since the coach is/was stored outside, I’m guessing it was from snow, as there is no evidence of leaks.

I need to contact my insurance on Monday to make sure it’s covered, but where can I get this repaired? Are the glass panels even available? Do I need to come to the factory?

I’m at a loss, and very upset. Below are a couple of pictures of the damage. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you.

post-40006-0-81900500-1428785070_thumb.jpost-40006-0-31933800-1428785071_thumb.j

That appears to be very similar to my Holiday Rambler Navigator. If it is, then there are 3 bolts (one on each end, and one in the middle). the opposite (long) side is hinged. Unscrew the 3 bolts while someone is supporting the weight and it drops down with the hinge now carrying the weight. The mirror comes out the back. Any glass shop can replace it. While you have it down clean the return air screens for the AC units. (Edit) I should have mentioned, the bolts are located in the cavity between the mirror which is below the actual ceiling, and the ceiling itself. On mine, it was helpful to extend the front slides a little. The bolts are parallel to the ceiling. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I know I can lower the center section and let it hang by the hinges, but I'm confused when you say the mirror (although mine is not a mirror, but either a frosted glass or a clear glass with something behind it) comes out the back. It's all one piece with the center cut out.

When I had mine down to clean the air return there were small screws that I assumed were to hold the mirror frame in place. Not needing to remove it, I did not pay too much attention. I have had great luck in calling Monaco customer service with similar questions and they have been really helpful in e-mailing schematics.

Bob