Sign in to follow this  
ronandsue74

Atwood Water Heater Issue

I have an Atwood Water Heater model: GC10A-4E that has stopped working on the gas side. The electric side heats water just fine.

Description of problem: When I flip the switch at the control panel the gas comes on and I have flame ignition for about 2 seconds, then the system shuts down. The system repeats this sequence three times, then the red light on my control panel lights up. I can turn the switch off and back on and get the same result time after time.

My thinking is that a sensor that is suppose to detect the flame is malfunctioning.

When I called Atwood and described my problem they said it was most likely my main control board. I would like to get other opinions/confirmations before ordering a new main board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ron Jacobs

2005 CC Inspire #51264

Ron,

The Control board is the primary culprit, but just for fun check the 12 volt level at the circuit board and check for a Good ground connection on the green wire connecting it to ground.

While your at it use a clean pencil eraser and clean the circuit board contacts. You might get lucky and gain some time with the board, because it sounds like it is cycling properly.

Rich.