s2bingtravelers

Winegard RT4000T RoadTrip Mission In-Motion Satellite TV

We are looking at purchasing a Winegard RT4000T RoadTrip Mission In-Motion Satellite TV antenna and installing two Dish VIP 211Z receivers along with external hard drives to enable DVR functionality. Does anyone have any experience with these units or other recommendations? We are going full time for at least two years starting July 8.

s2,

Welcome to the Forum.

Winegard makes some very nice Satellite dishes however there is one problem with an in-motion satellite dish. It only has 1 LNB and can receive only one satellite at a time. Just because you have two receivers doesn't mean you can watch CBS on one TV and HGTV on the other. If it were me, and I am going to do it this year, I would have installed an open, three LNB and auto seeking dish. With this setup you wont have in-motion but will be able to watch any channel on either TV.

Herman

I have them and it works great. Be sure and get the hard drive from dish for the dvr function. I have two satellites the second one for the bedroom is not an in-motion. As Herman mention the in-motion only can view one satellite at a time so you are limited in the second lcd. The in-motion works fine and the family watches tv while I am driving. Also get a set of headphones that way you don't have the radio and TV competing.

Jaime

jgallo.. So you run 2 dishes? do you switch them out and run one recvr or do you have 2 rcvrs? I have the inmotion now but have a Hopper and joeys in the house. Would like to run the Hopper and one joey in the MH. Thanx!

Ken