jleamont

Light Fixture Replacement Parts

I just wanted to share with everyone a new supplier that you may or may not be aware of for light fixtures made by Thin Lite: World Wide Light, they are located in Indiana. Phone number 1-800-247-6324

One of my Porch lights has a broken on off switch outside on the housing (Thin Lite Model 162A), I called Monaco they could only sell me a new light, they explained to me that no individual parts are available for this model except the bulbs and lenses and a new fixture would cost $130.00 when I asked if it would be LED now I was told no it is only available in Fluorescent.

So I called Thin Lite, they referred me to the distributor listed above, when I spoke to World Wide Light (great service and support also) I was told the switch and rubber boot were $3.49, they also advised me that there is an LED conversion kit for my lights for an additional $57.00 per light fixture.

I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone needed any light fixture parts, I am not sure if they carry other product lines but it would be well worth a phone call.

You may also want to look at cabinbright.com, they sell the LED replacement lights that replace the Fluorescent lights.

I am in the process of replacing all of my Fluorescent lights in my coach

I did our last coach, compartment lights, interior lights and exterior lights, it was great after. This coach has 24 fluorescent tubes inside plus the vanity lights, Rope lighting around the windows and under the counters (which looks like they are led) and theatre pods in the celling, under the cabinets which are all halogen with dimmers (22 of those) since we almost never dry camp and I only turn those on once in a while It’s not likely these pods will be swapped out.

Little by little I will swap them out, probably as the tubes fail unless I get a good deal on a package and I have about 6 tubes out now.

Last year at the Hershey RV show there was a company which I think may have been cabinbright with a display and some steep discounts if you were purchasing a lot of lights for a conversion, since we only had the coach for a short time and I could not remember what length tubes or how many were in the coach, I passed and just changed the Sconces and Dinette fixture on the inside, outside I have changed the clearance lights and the storage compartments. I am going to see this year at Hershey if i can strike a deal to change the light tubes and vanities.

I like the LED's for the brightness and cooler operating temps; the voltage usage is a bonus.

I did opt and ordered the exterior lights in LED. I would like to put LED's under the Girard Awning that would be great for some light when you don’t need it to be too bright.

I have several fluorescent fixtures that cause problems. Can I just replace the innards with the new and improved or have to replace the entire fixture? I used a lot of LED fixtures in and on my Star Car, and I really liked the improvement.

From what I saw they were simple, just remove the bulbs and ballast, the LED's connect to the 12v wire going into the fixture with wire nuts and they usually are just double sided taped to the inside of the light fixture. Most of mine are 18" so the cost made me shiver a bit.

they are on my list of things to do.