Sign in to follow this  
emarcum

Cummins ISB In 2003 Damon Ultrasport

Hi everyone

I am trying to diagnose a problem with my coach, the warning buzzer comes on climbing hills, and goes off shortly after cresting the hill ... any thoughts on what I can try before the dreaded visit to Freightliner, which is an hour from my home?

Cummins ISB, freighliner chassis, Damon coachworks,

emarcum,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Do you get any check engine light?

What is the Engine Temperature?

What is the Air pressure Reading on your gauges?

One can check for fault codes by using the switches located to the left side of the steering wheel and under the dash. They are a little hard to see and one needs to look under the dash to see the switches.

If you have not done this before post a request for more information and any unusual gauge readings for the group.

Note: Your model year coach will have a ISB-02 Series engine. So your coach will have a third fuel filter located in the chassis frame rail behind the rear axle. This is difficult to find and could be located on the drivers side or the passenger side. Many of the Engine service centers are not aware of this filter.

Rich.

Yes, the two most common causes of issues are OVERHEATING and FUEL FLOW RESTRICTION.

So, as Rich asked, was there an overheating issue or was engine coolant temperature within normal range.

When was the last time the (likely 3) fuel filters were replaced? A clogged filter will sure cause your symptoms.

Hello, I'm new to the forum!

I have recently started getting the over temp warning come on when going up inclines, I pull a 28' enclosed trailer. It's a 2005 Cross Country with the ISB. I have not changed any fuel filters, where would all 3 be located?

Thanks in advance!

Tony

Tony,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

While changing fuel filters is a good maintenance practice, I doubt they are the cause of your overheating.

Contact your chassis maker for the location of your fuel filters. And, yes, many Freightliner chassis do have three filters.

As far as overheating, you might read through this thread: http://community.fmca.com/topic/288-cleaning-the-radiator-cac/