wheelsandpaws

No Output From Convertor On Thor Residency 3505

We had work done on the generator and ever since there has been no output from the converter. We can charge all batteries from the coach generator, but no charge from 110 volt, either dock side or the coach generator. Generator works fine for 110, just doesn't get power to the 12 volt system. To make matters worse, we can't figure out where they hid the converter.

Any Ideas?

wheelsandpaws,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Just took a look at Thor's web sight and there is no mention or listing for the Residency Model.

So you might try to call them and see if they could offer an answer.

Do you have the Owners manual ?

What class is the unit. Class A - B or C ?

What is the Model year?

Customer Care
(877) 855-2867 FREE Retail Customers
(877) 500-1020 FREE Dealer

http://thormotorcoach.com/contact

Rich.

Thanks for the thoughts Rich.

I contacted Thor early on and they told me that they sold the Residency line to Rocky Mountain Motor Coach and along with that went all the records. Of course, as luck would have it, they went out of business and with them went all the records. The only owner's manual I have has a basic wiring diagram, but no locations...No help. It is a "97 Class A model 3505. Frustrating.

Bob

wheelsandpaws,

Here are a few locations to begin to look.

Under the dinette seating (if booth equipped)

Under the refrigerator or oven.

Mounted to the ceiling in the storage area.

I recall seeing them close to the circuit breaker box on older units especially if it doesn’t have slides.

You can also try and follow where the shore power cable come into the unit 9 times out of 10 it is between where the cable comes in and the breaker panel. Usually the transfer switch, circuit breaker panel and convertor are in the same area.

It will most likely involve removing a few access panels and looking around.

Good luck.

wheelsandpaws,

Try this link - just maybe there is a coach owner with the same coach and some helpful information.

Like many forums, there are those that are nervous when it comes to posting.

I have to admit that I also was not comfortable posting or replying on them.

Age kind of lessened the fear and then Brett W. contacted me an now I have a feeling that he might regret that email at times. <_<

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/

Rich

WheelsandPaws,

You have probably found a resolution to the issue you posted about with your Thor Residency 3505.  I am writing anyway, because we have a 1994 Thor Residency 3500 that I think from information I have might have the same floorplan as your 3505. We purchased our Residency from the original owner and all the records including the owner's manual came with it.

For anyone else who finds this topic, our converter is located under the entry steps.

We would be happy to share the information we have with other Residency owners. We love our Thor enough that we are updating everything, inside and out, to bring it into the 21st century. 

Steve & Greta