Sign in to follow this  
bikeryder

Resealing Fiberglass Roof Joints: Monaco Cayman

Hello,

I am a newbie and love RVing. I recently purchased a 2003 Monaco Cayman 36PBD motorhome. I would like to strip away the old roof sealant and reseal the entire roof. My concern (question) is simply; what brand of sealant would be best to purchase to reseal my fiberglass roof seams.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie from So. Cal.

PS.

Thanks to FMCA forums for posting about fractured Monaco Cayman rear suspension trailing arms. Because of FMCA, I was able to get the seller to pay for a set of Source Engineering replacement trailing arms including installation, as it was a safety issue.

I just spent most of the morning scrubbing and cleaning the roof on our coach to start fixing and sealing some potential leak areas.

What Wildebill said about Youtube, there's some great how-to videos on there showing not only what to do, but how to do it and with what products.

For minor cracking, exposed screw heads, and touching up other minor things, I'm using Dicor self-leveling lap sealant, for more serious areas I'm using Eternabond white roof seal tape after a good cleaning with Eternabond Etranaclean spray cleaner.

When you're going over the roof to find all the areas to touch up and repair, don't forget to check the length of the drip edge down both sides of the roof and the seals around all the windows. I found two windows on mine that had major cracks developing along a good portion of the top edge.

Good luck, hope you have cooler weather to work in than we do.