Sign in to follow this  
tmoning

Keep on topic

Many who come to the forums for advice and information may be put off by too much off-topic banter. So remember, please keep your posts constructive and on topic. Threads that evolve into good-natured, off-topic exchanges are better suited for a personal contact method such as a private message or e-mail.

Don't get me wrong; we like fun. And light, funny comments can be interjected in serious threads -- as long as they don't start to dominate a serious topic.

Also, you can use the General discussion forum to talk about topics that don't fit into any of the other forum categories.

Thanks.

We agree, Todd. Sometimes there is getting too much banter back and forth. Some of the forum discussions would be more suited to a blog format. I frequent the site less as there is so much off-topic banter. Less and less useful information is being exchanged. I was wondering why the website was less active and perhaps you explained the reason why.

I am one to talk!! I certainly enjoy a bit of fun and can have a dry sense of humour (Canadian spelling, eh). Sometimes, though, this good-natured banter can be interpreted as being serious, especially online. An example of this was some time ago there was a long story of a Canadian border crosssing by a member which I assumed was meant to be humorous. It was quite offensive if one took it seriously. I replied to that post indicating that a border crossing was stress free and quite normal. However, many visitors to the site would avoid the Canadian border if they took the story as serious.

Criticism will come your way, Todd, but something had to be said.