Sign in to follow this  
iweigh

Asheville NC to Pipestem, WV (Beckley)

Question

My gps want to take me up 19 to 460 to US 77 and then Rte 20 to Pipestem. Is this doable in a 40 coach pulling a car? Advice appreciated, Thanks

Bob K
06 Knight

2 answers to this question

I understand you are leaving Asheville going to Pipstem/Beckley? Why not go North on I-26 to I-81 to I-77 you can take I-77 into Beckley or cut off on 20 to Pipestem. I think you will have to go back to I-77 to get to Beckley.

I was there in August. We stayed at Little Beaver State Park. We had a good time in the New River Gorge area.

Bill

Bob,

Welcome to the Forum!

If you ever have time, take your Toad up 19/460 to I-77 and you will understand why you can't use the GPS all the time in a DP or Gasser!

Take the road Bill suggested. It looks and is longer, but time wise it's way shorter and no white knuckles! I have traveled just about every road in that area with my 4x4 Toad for the past 6 years. I'll be on I-77 in less than 2 weeks! Won't be in Ashville this year, cause I don't have time!

By the way Hwy 19 is the road you take to get to "Tail of the Dragon". Google it. 318 curves in 11 miles!

Enjoy I-26. Carl