Sign in to follow this  
RonaldNC

Water Puddle Under Norcold

All of the sudden, we have a puddle of water under our Norcold 1200 LIM refrigerator! It's leaking directly underneath the refrigerator and coming through the wood that supports the unit. The refrigerator is still working normally and everything is still cold/frozen. I checked the rear access and there is no sign of water. Also, no sign of water in the interior of the unit. The flow seems to be slowing to a slow drip and may be stopping, but it's got me very nervous. This is the original unit, so about six years old... and never had any problems.

I'm wondering if it had a defrost cycle, and somehow the water didn't go where it's supposed to?

Any help would be appreciated!

It could be the ice maker valve. My coach had a similar problem. Found to be the ice maker valve was leaking but only when it filled. I put a cut down soda bottle under the valve one day and waited for the unit to make ice to finally discover the problem. I took the valve off and cleaned it and just cut the line down an inch so it would have a fresh seal and it worked for me. Good luck.

Thanks guys! I found a valve under the refrigerator for the ice maker and turned in off. It appears that the leaking has stopped... now will need to find the root problem. There was no obvious leakage from the solenoid in the back of the unit.

Ron,

Could be a leak in the line from solenoid to ice maker. Could be nothing more than ice blocking/diverting water going into the ice mold.

Complete defrost would by my first "repair".