bgusty

Brake Repairs 1999 Ford F53 Chassis

bgusty,

Welcome to the FMCA Foum. Can't help with shop recommendations, but be sure that they also:

Bleed all the brakes (i.e. new brake fluid)

Clean and lube all 4 of the brake caliper slides (really important on sliding caliper brakes, particularly when driven infrequently).

bgusty,

If you have the ability to do it you can buy new rotors and pads, pack and/or replace the bearings for a lot less then a shop would charge you.

I love doing as much coach work as I am able to doing. Getting a bit long in the tooth but what the heck, I just pull them out, put them in a bowl and dive in. (Then I take several Aleves and rest till the next repair comes along)

Herman

I was on the road so doing it myself wasn't the option. I found a place in Bullhead City AZ that changed both rotors and pads, for very little in fact a very good price. Bullhead City Auto repair, I expected a lot more than what Cliff charged. I recommend them if ever repairs are needed in that area. Harvhalp I plan on doing that when I get home in the spring, I know the front right needs it now. Thanks all for commenting.