Sign in to follow this  
JustCruzzin

2015 RVIA RV Show Pomona, CA (Waste)

My wife and I decided to go to this show in Pomona, CA to see what new accessories and what not's are out there. We chose

to stay at East Shore RV Park and by far one of the best campgrounds around much much better than the KOA near by. Well

any ways at the show if you were not going to buy an RV that day or any time during the show it was a total waste of time. One

of the absolute worst shows ever and I mean hands down they won the dumb award. We went there just for the purpose to

purchase a tow bar system, namely "Blue Ox", which was represented by the people from "Mike Thompsons" RV which we found out very late in the process of negotiations. And I was dead set on not giving that company a single cent from the poor service after buying a new Tiffin from them then selling it after our return from a cross country trip, it just beat us to death, they tell you everything you want to here. Well enough of that scenario.

Getting back to the show there was very little in way of accessories or RV related items. A lot of vendors did not even show up

to open their booths. I was prepared to drop some hard cash for goodies but we left with bad feelings for those who put on the

show. Yes I did get my tow bar but not without a lot of hassle from Mike Thompson's, very little knowledge of those systems

was evident amongst the crew.

We stopped at some of the vendors that were had personnel on hand, and found ourselves arguing with the vendor as to what

the inside of "our" Country Coach looks like. Most of these vendors where very arrogant.

They can in No Way Shape or Form compete with the show put on by FMCA. We have no idea where the 100 vendor booths

were. We will never go to another show put on by RVIA.

http://www.thebestrvshow.com/

I have had similar experience at several RV shows. If I didn't want to buy a coach there was very little to see or do. If you didn't want to buy cookware or aluminum siding or time shares you were out of luck. There was a very limited amount of accessory's or services represented. This included the big RV show in Dallas last month.

Bill