devildawg57

Aqua Hot Zone 5 Not Working

Own a 2005 Monaco Dynasty with a Aqua Hot system AHE-100-03S.

When I turn the Aqua Hot on to heat the coach, the front blowers for zone 5 are not working. I've checked the boiler antifreeze and the system is full. I believe the Aqua Hot is working properly.

I think it may be the coach thermostat system. I checked the zone by removing the 2 wires that go to:#5 THERM -O#5 THERM. The red light went out, then I installed a jumper wire between#5 THERM -O#5 THERM to force the zone to run, with no red light. Now zone 5 runs continuously because I removed the thermostat from the circuit.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I've talked to Roger who is the Aqua Hot expert but he believes the system is working properly and it may be the coach.

Thank you for any advise.

Welcome to the Forum.

Are your other zones working? With your front zone on are you just getting cold air coming from the vents? Have you had your unit serviced this year? Do you run the Aqua Hot at least once a month? These units have to be run at least every 30 days. If not they will clog up and have to be serviced.

If your unit is working in all of your other zones and water heater here is where you may have a problem, a solenoid valve. Each zone has a solenoid valve that opens and closes when heat is required in each zone. This may sound strange, but if you can access those valves you can very :gently tap" each valve with a small hammer. These valves sometimes become stuck and need a little encouragement to open.

If all else fails check for the next Area or National Rally for the Aqua Hot rep and have them look at your unit. Lloyd DeGerald got mine fixed in Madison after close to $2700.00 spent with a service shop (Aqua Hot Certified) and they only got the electric to work but not the burner. :( Lloyd found the problem and the unit has worked flawlessly ever since. :)

Hope this helps,

Herman

Herman,

I read the post differently-- that the FAN was not working for zone 2, but that the rest of the system was working properly. Yes, if the fan is working/cold air coming out then a sticking solenoid valve could be the culprit.

The fans in the other zones are working properly. It's zone 5 not working. The fans are not coming on. I installed a jumper wire and made the fans operate by by-passing zone 5 thermostat. With the jumper wire the system runs all the time.