Dkstall

New Coach Owner & New Member from Texas

Hello!

We're David and Linda from a very small rural community in central Texas about mid-way between Houston and Austin.

Over the last 20 years we have rented motor homes for family trips across California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, and Texas. In the summer of 2015 we loaded up our adult daughter, our son-in-law and three granddaughters for a 4,300 mile, five state, excursion in a rented 2013 Fleetwood Bounder Classic. It was a wonderful experience that led us to think the time might be right to buy our own motor home.That started the process of identifying everything we liked and didn't like about all the RVs we've rented and seen. The list was long, and very, very specific. New motor homes just didn't fit our needs, so the search was on for just the right gently used even if nearly vintage motor home. It took a couple months and a national search, but we did find our Kismet.

We're very happy with our "new" 1999 Tradewinds 7372 and have quickly developed a fantastic support network of several other '99 TW owners. Since we bought the Kismet a month ago we've driven her across five states and visited several cool places and state parks. She's going to see lots of use. You can see our progress and trips on our blog http://hwylife.us

We're proud to be new FMCA members and look forward to participating with the Dolphins, FMCA-ARC and Diesel RV Club chapters.

David and Linda,

Welcome to FMCA and to the Forum. My wife Bobbie and I are also from Texas. We are members of several chapters with Lone Star being, what we call our Home Chapter. Lone Star is having a rally Dec 3-4-5 at the Lake Conroe KOA. We would like to invite you and Linda to join us. If you would like more information about our rally and Lone Star, send me a Personal Message and I will get you all the information.

Again Welcome

Herman Mullins

South Central Area (Six-State Rally Association)

Southern Region VP

Welcome David and Linda,

From another Texas resident! We settled here after full timing for ten years. We came to Texas each winter. The first winter we just kept moving south until we found warm temperatures to suit and found friendly people to share the winter experience. It looks like you have a very nice coach. I hope it brings you as much joy as our coaches have. Good travels!