Sign in to follow this  
georgeal

No 120 VAC Power In Motorhome

I have no a/c power in the Motorhome. Surge guard says pedestal power is good. Generator will not power our motorhome either.

Wondering what you might be.

This is a Damon Tuscany diesel pusher 2007 model 4072.

I think there is a main power fuse in the system, not sure where it is, any help would be appreciated.

Since neither shore power nor generator power your coach, let's look at places the two have in common.

Shore power and generator power join at the ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch). So, the problem is either in the ATS, wiring from ATS to main breaker box or in the main breaker box itself.

IF, repeat IF you are safe working around 120/240 VAC, with shore power unplugged, generator off, inverter off, open and check connections at ATS and main breaker box.

If all connections look good, then you will need to test for power IN and OUT of the ATS from both power sources.

Again, if uncomfortable working around this kind of electrical power, please have a professional do it.

Very unusual for there to be any in-line fuse/breaker between the ATS and main breaker box.

Check all of your GFI outlets. Something may have tripped it (them). These are the outlets with the two buttons between the two plug receptacles. These receptacles are the first outlet in a chain of many and when they trip, all the remaining outlets on that "chain" (circuit) will be dead.

A power surge could have tripped them or you may have simply bumped the test button which would "trip" the circuit. Sometimes your outside outlet will get some moisture in it and trip the GFI outlet for that circuit and that outlet is usually located somewhere inside the coach.

Lenp

Thanks, this morning I found a 30 amp c/b out on the Inverter. I thought there was One there last night but missed it when I looked at the Inverter. Thanks again you have helped many people on this forum.

Yes, a breaker on the inverter would disable (ONLY) those circuits fed by the inverter-- whether from shore power or generator using "pass-through" feature or actually by inverting using battery power.

BUT, all other 120 VAC circuits like the A/C's, water heater 120 element, etc would have still been working.

Knowing what is/is not working always helps identify the culprit.