Sign in to follow this  
kdullea

Albuquerque To Yellowstone Early June

Question

My wife and I were going to go back to Yosemite this summer, but everyone says we need to go see Yellowstone. We are traveling in a 30ft Land Yacht with a two motorcycle rack on back. I think we will go through Moab on the way up and thru Denver on the way back.

As I understand, Xanterra Parks & Resort manage everything inside the park and Recreation.gov for RV parks outside.

There are so many choices out there.

Any suggestions?

Also we are 30 feet inside and 31 feet outside, there are more spaces for 30 feet and under. Are they really going to measure?

1 answer to this question

The two campgrounds I'm familiar with inside the park is Fishing Bridge, and Bridge Bay. If you don't need full hookups, I would recommend trying to get into Bridge Bay. Some sites are too small or not level, but many will accommodate you coach just fine. We stayed there for 4 days in our 32' coach and we're quite comfortable. There is room to put your awning out and watch the bison walk by. Even if there are no sites available here to reserve, stop in when you arrive, and see if there are any first come, first served sites available.

They will not measure you.

Fishing Bridge is OK too, but you are parked very close to your neighbor on both sides, and you can't have a campfire.