boilerman

HOA RV Parking

The last time we house shopped was 1999. Looked at a few with Associations after learning what that was all about we both laughed and said NO WAY! When one told us what color garden hose and how many of each type of plants we had to have in the ground by a certain week of the year we walked out.

The borough we live in has one RV rule. It can't permanently park anywhere in front of the house. I had a parking spot built along side of the attached garage with a 50amp connection. It only resides there in the winter months, otherwise it's parked in the driveway. 

With that being said I will NEVER purchase a house with those stipulations. The next one will have enough property between us that I can see my neighbors if I squint.

All of Galveston Island (yes, it's an Island) is the City of Galveston, with the exception of Jamaica Beach Village (probably the only Village in the state).  I have a $60 a year HOA in my Sub Division...fun part is that the City code's say's that I can park my coach in the street, driveway or in a garage!  HOA say's nothing about RV's, but has 2 pages devoted to boats and boat trailers...for the last 4 years they have decided that RV;s fall into the boat category and can only be parked at the property that is owned by the HOA at $40 per month!  I get a ticket, each time I park my coach at the house, by the HOA, then they call the cops who comes to me and collect the ticket.  I found out that they take the tickets (more than just me, 90% of boat owners and 16 coaches) and hand them to the city clerk, who shreds them! :lol:

Remember that the HOA Board is made up of residents just like yourself and the primary purpose of an HOA is to protect the values of your property not to be Nazis.

Can someone direct me to a study (not one's opinion) as to how a Motor Home devalues one's property, especially when said motor home is allowed in one section and not another??? My HOA has 620 homes divided up into 6 sections. Sections 1 thru 3 NO restrictions and have some homeowners with boats, trailers, and even motor homes. Section 4 a few restrictions, Section 5 a few more, and the same with section 6 A,B,C. One neighborhood, 6 sections, plus 3 subsections,  and I'm the bad guy.  Section 4, 5, 6, restrictive optimal word is CAMPER. State... No restriction, County...No restrictions, No City, just a HOA with too much time on their hands

Oh, BTW, the guy stirring the pot has NO restrictions on his property, Go figure.

Edited by joebic01
addition