Guest Wayne77590

Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX

Guest Wayne77590

We were fortunate to get a spot at the Fort Sam Houston, Army RV Camp, San Antonio, TX. This is a military installation and access to the base is restricted to those who have permission to access the base (Post).

The new bridge is completed to get to the Army RV Camp. No more flooded roadway when it rains. There is a lot of roadway reconstruction on-post so if you do have access, use the Nursery Road gate, just past the National Cemetery. The new bridge is immediately past the elementary school and there is a sign pointing to Army RV Camp.

The sites are long pull through, with patio, and FHU. There is at least 20-30 yards separating sites. No swimming pool, but I'll bet there is one somewhere on-post if you are so inclined. This CG is conveniently located for access to San Antonio.

If you are in the area and have access, give us a holler. We are in site #30, or we can meet somewhere in town.

I did my officer basic training at Fort Sam Houston in 1969! Many fond memories of the post and our stay in San Antonio. The River Walk wasn't as fancy then as it is today. We watched many a parade in downtown San Antonio, unlike any parades we'd seen in St. Louis, MO. All the high school ROTC units marching in the parades were most impressive. We still love to get to San Antonio when we can. If we head that way, I'll check to see if you are still there. Perhaps we can get together.

Tom

We were fortunate to get a spot at the Fort Sam Houston, Army RV Camp, San Antonio, TX. This is a military installation and access to the base is restricted to those who have permission to access the base (Post).

The new bridge is completed to get to the Army RV Camp. No more flooded roadway when it rains. There is a lot of roadway reconstruction on-post so if you do have access, use the Nursery Road gate, just past the National Cemetery. The new bridge is immediately past the elementary school and there is a sign pointing to Army RV Camp.

The sites are long pull through, with patio, and FHU. There is at least 20-30 yards separating sites. No swimming pool, but I'll bet there is one somewhere on-post if you are so inclined. This CG is conveniently located for access to San Antonio.

If you are in the area and have access, give us a holler. We are in site #30, or we can meet somewhere in town.

Good to read that the flooding thing has been solved. Are you going to put a post on the military campground reviews and let everyone know that the construction is done?

Guest Wayne77590

I did post in the Military Campground Review regarding the bridge, and directions.

Thanks.

I'll try not to hold that against you. Also shouldn't that have been Officer Basic Course??? Was that Medical Branch? MSC?

Yes, should have been the Officer Basic Course, I forget terms after so long! Can't even remember the exact MOS. Yes, it was Medical Service Corps.

Good of you not to hold it against me!

Tom