MONTIE

Toilet Paper

My new coach has commodes that have grinders. I think they are called macerating commodes, and they work fine. My question is can I use paper other than the John Wayne paper that is recommended, or can I use a nice soft paper? I'd like to know if I can use any type of paper with these comodes. Thanks.

Montie

Guest Wayne77590

Montie,

I don't have the slightest idea what a macerating toilet is, but I use "Angel Soft," picked up in any grocery store. I figure if it is good enough for the angels, it's good enough for me.

Montie,

I don't have the slightest idea what a macerating toilet is, but I use "Angel Soft," picked up in any grocery store. I figure if it is good enough for the angels, it's good enough for me.

A macerator toilet uses an electrically driven macerator rather than gravity to move toilet contents to the holding tank.

They are also used in marine applications and in residential applications where the toilet will be installed below the sewer drain level (like in a basement).

Here is one manufacturer: http://www.saniflo.com/Default.aspx

And the best answer is to contact the maker of your toilet and ask their advice.

Brett Wolfe

I don't have a macerator toilet but have a macerator on the waste drain that we use when we want a simple hook-up. Even before we had that, we have never hesitated to purchase the soft paper. I prefer Northern, Louise recently picked up angel soft. We use Happy Camper tank treatment and it seems to break down any paper just fine. If you find the paper causing problems there are specific paper dissolving products available at RV stores. The nature of any macerator is to grind up materials and liquify them. It should handle toilet paper with no problems. As Brett said, check the manual for the toilet. If it doesn't mention anything about the kind of toilet paper to use, pick you favorite!