CarlAda

Main Site login

Once again, I cannot log onto the main site, although I can get into the forums.  I can't understand why I always have issues.  Does anyone else experience problems logging in at times?

I have an email into the webmaster to try to resolve the issue.

If you remove cookies, you will have to log in again when you come back to the site. That's even if you have your browser security options set to remember your login.

If you clear cookies, that shouldn't prevent you from being able to sign in when you go back to FMCA.com. But you do have to have your browser set to allow cookies. When using Google Chrome, for example, the content settings for cookies should be set to "Allow local data to be set."

I've tested your account and it appears to be working. It sounds like something is hung up in your browser that is remembering you on the forums but is not synchronized with the FMCA.com main site, where the data is stored.

If you are signed in to the forums but not the main site, sign out of the forums. That will bump you back to FMCA.com, where you should be signed in, but it sounds like your are not. Clean your browser as you mentioned. Now, sign in again on FMCA.com to start a new session. Then, go to the forums and you should be signed in. And you should be signed in on the main site as well.

In theory, that would make sense.  In reality, it isn't working.  I logged out of the forum and tried to log into the main site unsuccessfully.  Thinking that I have the password wrong, I clicked "forgot password".  It asked me to validate a question, to which I answered.  I then got a message that there was a problem with my account and to call the membership number for assistance.  As I'm traveling at the moment, it's inconvenient to do so.  I will pursue the matter further upon my return to base.

CarlAda.  I have done what Todd recommends and it worked for me.  My current gripe is why so much redundancy?  If I'm signed in to FMCA main and want to go to Governance, then I have to sign in again....same if FMCA sends me a mail from Governance, I still have to go thru all the above!  If FMCA did not know who I was, you could not send me a mail and if Governance knows that I'm a National Director?  Ridiculous.

The issue has been resolved once I narrowed it down to an issue with Chrome.  I had to uninstall Chrome and then reinstall it to get it to work properly.  

Thanks Todd for you assistance in this frustrating matter!

Carl