Sign in to follow this  
RSRCLR

2000 Beaver Monterey Rear Suspension?

Hello-Just joined. We have a 2000 36' Beaver Monterey Sea Cliff double slide 4 air bag 4 shock suspension.

According to all the literature I could find in regards to this unit, the front steering suspension is a Reyco 510AR and the rear is Reyco drive axle 610AR. I'm replacing the shocks and noticed the rear suspension looks a lot different than the 610AR. The bottom and top shock mounts on a 610AR  run parallel with the rear end housing (shock bolts are parallel). The bottom mount on my MH runs front to back. The air bag mount on a 610AR run under the rear axle and on mine it is over the top of the housing with what looks like a traction bar under it.

Started looking a Reyco suspensions and found my exact unit, which I found to be a 240AR single axle drive application.  I wish I could find another unit like ours to look under and see if it's the same, or anyone on this forum that may have some info on this application. I noticed on the sales brochures from the year 2000 that a Monterey Sea Cliff was only available in a single slide. The double slides 1st year was 2001.  My MH was built in June of 2000, so it probably is one of the 1st double slides in late 2000 built. But according to all the info on front and rear suspensions they are all Magnum S26A300 or S26A330 blue streak with is 510AR front/ 610AR rear.    So why the 240AR??

Brett-I want to thank you for your interest in this matter.  I was hoping you would read this. My name is Bob Richmond from Glendora, Ca. I will contact Scott right now.   Thanks again

Brett-Wanted to let you know I spoke with Scott and Todd with Source Eng. in regard to topic. I have created an interest with these guys, because they say they probably built this chassis back when. Yes, it wouldn't surprise them at all that a 240AR is on my coach, and they would really like to see it. Those were the days when they were using whatever they could find in their inventory to complete the jobs.  We are going to Portland in July and going right by Eugene, so we will be stopping by to show them.